We are currently experiencing a server outage and our email is down. If you are currently trying to reach us please use our alternative email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office at 270-422-3626.
You could win up to $10,000 just for playing golf! On Saturday, June 19, River Trace Golf will be hosting the 34th year for this golfing tradition. Join us for food, fun, and golf! Don’t forget every person that plays comes away with a fantastic door prize and goodie bag. You can register online here. https://checkout.square.site/buy/XUJA7FGLVKRC3LST6B56724S
The newest addition to downtown Brandenburg is Vintage Salon! They are a full-service salon seeking a Stylist for booth rental.
Applicants must have a Kentucky Cosmetology License. For more information contact Penny at 229-977-1110.
Here is a listing of all of the openings via the Meade County Board of Education as of Oct. 27, 2020.
|Job Title||Posting Date||Type||Location|
|Teacher, Special Education (MSD)||09/29/2020||Certified||David T. Wilson Elementary School||Apply|
|Speech Language Pathologist (Classified)||09/24/2020||Classified||Flaherty Primary School||Apply|
|Speech Language Pathologist (Certified)||09/24/2020||Certified||Flaherty Primary School||Apply|
|Assistant Coach, Softball||09/15/2020||Coaching||Meade County High School||Apply|
|Instructional Assistant||09/15/2020||Classified||Flaherty Primary School||Apply|
|Instructional Assistant||09/15/2020||Classified||Flaherty Primary School||Apply|
|Assistant Coach, Swim||08/28/2020||Coaching||Meade County High School||Apply|
|Bus Driver||08/26/2020||Transportation||Bus Driver||Apply|
|Instructional Assistant||08/26/2020||Classified||Brandenburg Primary School||Apply|
|Custodian, PM shift||07/28/2020||Classified||Meade County High School||Apply|
|Instructional Assistant||07/27/2020||Classified||Flaherty Primary School||Apply|
|Bus Monitor, Kindergarten & Preschool||07/24/2020||Transportation||Bus Driver||Apply|
|Teacher, Music||07/21/2020||Certified||Brandenburg Primary School||Apply|
|Teacher, Music||07/20/2020||Certified||David T. Wilson Elementary School||Apply|
|Teacher, Science||07/16/2020||Certified||Meade County High School||Apply|
|Instructional Assistant||07/15/2020||Classified||Ekron Elementary School||Apply|
|Teacher, Elementary||07/15/2020||Certified||Ekron Elementary School||Apply|
|Coach, Archery||07/13/2020||Coaching||Stuart Pepper Middle School||Apply|
|Substitute Instructional Assistant||07/02/2020||Substitute||Districtwide||Apply|
|Substitute Bus Monitor||07/02/2020||Classified||Bus Driver||Apply|
|Substitute Food Service Asst I – Cafe Worker||07/02/2020||Food Service||Districtwide||Apply|
|Substitute Bus Driver||07/01/2020||Substitute||Bus Driver||Apply|
|Teacher, Music||06/19/2020||Certified||Ekron Elementary School||Apply|
|Coach, Girls Basketball||06/03/2020||Coaching||Stuart Pepper Middle School||Apply|
|Coach, Archery||04/22/2020||Coaching||Flaherty Elementary School||Apply|
|Contract Nurse, PRN||04/03/2020||Substitute||Districtwide||Apply|
|Assistant Coach, Boys Soccer||02/03/2020||Coaching||Meade County High School||Apply|
|Assistant Coach, Volleyball||12/04/2019||Coaching||Stuart Pepper Middle School||Apply|
|Assistant Coach, Cheerleading||04/23/2019||Coaching||Meade County High School||Apply|
|Assistant Coach, Swim||08/31/2018||Coaching||Meade County High School||Apply|
Meade County Fiscal Court is accepting resumes/applications for a full-time Park’s Assistant and Paramedics. Job descriptions are available at the Meade County Judge/Executive’s Office. Resumes/applications should be turned in to Meade County Judge/Executive’s Office, 516 Hillcrest Drive, Brandenburg, KY 40108. Applicants will be subject to drug testing and background check. Meade County Fiscal Court is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Title: Assistant Park Director
Department: Parks and Recreation
Supervisor: Parks and Recreation Director
Performs routine and complex professional and administrative work in planning, developing, scheduling, directing, and implementing a year-round recreation program for Meade County Parks. Also performs a variety of routine clerical, administrative and financial work by receiving payments from customers or others for the payment of goods or services received.
- Assures that assigned areas of responsibility are performed within budget; performs cost control activities; monitors revenues and expenditures in the assigned area to assure sound fiscal control; prepares annual budget requests; assures effective and efficient use of budget funds, personnel, materials, facilities, and time.
- Determines work procedures prepare work schedules, and expedites workflow; studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness of operations.
- Plans coordinates and directs a diversified year-round, parks, and recreation program including the management of the various fields, parks, and open spaces. Working with outside organizations such as the schools and various community-based organizations on schedules and runs various physical and cultural activities throughout the year, such as sports tournaments.
- Performs a variety of miscellaneous duties such as answering the phone, running errands, picking up supplies needed for activities, making arrangements for rental, and use of pavilions.
- Makes bank deposits from concession stand sales.
- Reads and records total shown on cash register tape and verify against cash on hand.
- Orders supplies and food for the operation of the concession stand.
- Performs and other duties as assigned by supervisor
High School Graduate; valid state driver’s license; pass a background check and drug test.
Ability to work independently and to complete daily activities according to work schedule; communicate effectively, verbally and in writing; to use equipment and tools properly and safely; ability to understand, follow, and transmit written and oral instructions; establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, supervisors, other agencies and the public. While performing job duties, the employee is frequently required to stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch; crawl and taste or smell; lift and/or move more than 25 pounds.
Department: Emergency Medical Services
Supervisor: EMS Director/Judge Executive
A Paramedic, under limited supervision, performs highly responsible duties of rendering emergency care and transportation to ill and injured persons. The nature of the work requires extensive decision-making abilities under pressure and also requires a calm professional demeanor. Considerable health and physical strength requirements are necessary. Though safety and risk management measures are implemented wherever possible, there remain numerous unavoidable aspects of this position, which may place the individual at risk of personal harm or illness resulting from the performance of his/her duties. Situations which may result in such personal harm or illness include but are not limited to: driving an emergency vehicle using lights and sirens; exposure to hostile or combative patients; response to violent crime scenes; response to accidents involving hazardous chemical spills; exposure to communicable diseases; danger from moving traffic at highway/roadway accidents; response to environments including those involving chemical, radiological, biological or explosive hazards; exposure to dirty needle sticks and medical waste; performance of certain high-risk procedures in the delivery of advanced life support; the noise level is moderate to high; the temperature level will vary from extreme cold to extreme heat; the moisture level will vary from extremely dry to rain, snow and ice conditions and may require immersion in water.
Major Essential Duties
Includes but not limited to:
- Responsible for the overall evaluation and care provided to ill or injured persons
- Ensures that assigned ambulance and facilities are properly maintained, stocked, and fully-functional
- Responds to emergency incidents within Meade County on a daily basis
- Completes all reports properly
- Develops and maintains a working knowledge of the roadways, businesses, and industry within Meade County, KY
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Interprets an extensive variety of moderate and technical information and instructions
- Solves practical problems while dealing with several abstract and concrete variables
- Makes decisions serving the patients best interests
- Display mature judgment, courtesy, and tact in dealing with the public, elected officials, and government employees
- Possess the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to operate basic and advanced life support equipment and complex communications equipment and computers
- Performs other duties as required
Must have High School Diploma or GED and be a graduate of NREMT or KBEMS approved Paramedic Education Institution; maintain status as licensed Paramedic by the Kentucky Board of EMS; maintain a valid Kentucky Driver’s License; obtain and maintain other certifications and credentials as required by the EMS Department; maintain training and certifications as required by KY OSHA; maintain training and certifications as required by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA); must obtain and maintain certification in Hazardous Materials (Awareness Level) within one (1) year of employment or promotion from Emergency Medical Technician (EMT); maintain National Registry certification if currently licensed, pass a background check and drug test.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret policies, procedures, professional publications, government regulations, and legal documents; respond to sensitive inquiries or complaints from employees, regulatory agencies, business community members, or the general public; write reports; strong oral, written, and listening skills. While performing job duties, the employee could reasonably be expected to regularly sit, talk or hear, use hands to type, handle paper, etc., reach with hands and arms, squat and bend; lift and carry a minimum of 50 pounds and drive an emergency vehicle. Occasionally stand or walk, lift and carry a minimum of 125 pounds and walk over rugged, uneven terrain.
All County employees must adhere to applicable provisions of the Personnel Policy Manual, Meade County Administrative Code, Kentucky Revised Statutes, and any other procedures, rules, regulations, and policies set forth by appropriate authorities and remain free of felony convictions.