Women in Business We are currently taking nominations for 2015 Women in Business Leadership Award. We are looking for nominations to identify and honor 1 outstanding woman whose success in business and contributions to the community have set the pace for our region’s future. Nominees should be innovative leaders who are making waves with their energy, ideas, achievements and commitment to excellence in the area.
Women in Business Luncheon is scheduled for Saturday August 29 at noon at the Meade County Banquet Center, Dawn Gee WAVE 3 News will present the keynote speech and BElK Department store in Elizabethtown will provide the fashions and Everett N’ Allies will provide accessories for the models. Luncheon will be catered by The Homeplate Restaurant.
An outside selection committee will use only the nomination forms to make final selections. Please be as complete and thorough as possible. You will be asked to use the online nomination system, please make sure to include all the contact information on the form along with the nominees’ qualifications.
Submitting multiple nominations for one nominee is not necessary, as the selection committee will not decide based on show of support but rather on quality and thoroughness of supporting information.
Submit a nomination here.
Requirements for nomination are as follows: (Please be as detailed as possible.)
- Nominee may be nominated by an individual or business coworker.
- Nominee must live or work in Meade County.
- Please outline the area(s) in which nominee has made an important and noticeable contribution to her community, by leading the way, to making Meade County a better place for all.
- Explain areas in which nominee has gained the respect of her peers. Is she often called upon for advice, mentoring or decisions in these areas? Is she willing to help?
- Nominee may have been recommended for a specific achievement, program, project, or for cumulative volunteer or professional achievements which demonstrate her impact on Meade County for the better.
The winner and all nominees will be recognized at the 2015 Business Woman of the Year Luncheon. Mark your calendars to join us on Saturday August 29, 2015 at Meade County Banquet Center. Doors open at 11:30 – Lunch served at noon. RESERVATIONS will be limited please call the Chamber office 270-422-3626, $15 per ticket