The Meade County Area Chamber of Commerce is hiring an Assistant to the Executive Director. Assistant to the Executive Director will maintain office hours 10:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday – Friday with some outside office hours. This position also requires greeting visitors to the office and maintaining a business casual appearance.
Essential Job Functions:
- Filing, typing, and general office duties to include answering phones, email and written inquires
- Maintains membership database including invoicing for membership dues, sponsors and luncheons
- Gather/sort current data for mailings, calendars
- Maintain daily calendars for Director, Events, and Activities
- Accounts payable, receivable, monthly and quarterly tax filing
Secondary Job Functions
- Maintain neat and current display of tourist and business information
- Keep an inventory of office supplies, and reordering
- General errands to include gathering mail, needing office supplies
- General office cleaning and upkeep
- Functional knowledge of financial recordkeeping
- Good working knowledge of Word and Excel
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks
- Functional knowledge of social media
- Candidate needs to enjoy a fast-paced office environment, to be comfortable with constant interruptions, and detail-oriented in their work habits.
- Good communication skills, as a candidate will greet visitors and enjoy interacting with a positive friendly attitude with the citizens, business community, and visitors of the area.
- Working knowledge of Meade County locations and the ability to give directions.
- Give general information out over the phone and knowledge of where to access multiple local information sources.
- Candidate needs to be available to attend events and meetings outside of normal office hours.
Potential applicants, please email your resume and a cover letter to Director@meadekychamber.org. Please do not call or bring a resume in person to our office. We are currently closed due to COVID-19.