We are currently taking nominations for the 2021 Outstanding Woman in Business Award in Meade County. We are looking for nominations to identify and honor one outstanding woman, in our community, whose success in business and contributions have set the pace for our region’s future. Nominees should be innovative leaders who are making waves with their energy, ideas, achievements, and commitment to excellence in the area. There will be a new category this year of the Future Woman in Business Award. The nominations for such will be made by their teachers. Nominations for Outstanding Woman in Business will start online on October 11, 2021, and are due no later than 5:00 p.m., Thursday, Oct. 28, 2021. You can make nominations for Outstanding Woman in Business online HERE. You can make nominations for Future Woman in Business online HERE.
A selection committee will use only the nomination forms to make final selections. Please be as complete and thorough as possible. You will be asked to use the online nomination system, please make sure to include all the contact information on the form along with the nominees’ qualifications.
Submitting multiple nominations for one nominee is not necessary, as the selection committee will not decide based on a show of support but rather on the quality and thoroughness of supporting information.
Requirements for nomination are as follows: (Please be as detailed as possible.)
- The nominee may be nominated by an individual or business coworker.
- The nominee must live or work in Meade County.
- You will be asked to outline the area(s) in which the nominee has made an important and noticeable contribution to her community, by leading the way, to making Meade County a better place for all. You will be asked to answer these questions on the nomination form:
- Explain areas in which the nominee has gained the respect of her peers and how she is called upon for advice and mentoring?
- How have their volunteer involvements and/or civic engagements had a positive impact on Meade County?
- What programs, projects, or achievements demonstrate the nominee’s leadership in the community?
The award winners will be notified and the awards will be presented at the Meade County Chamber of Commerce’s event Outstanding Woman in Business Awards Dinner is scheduled for Thursday, Nov. 4, 2021.
The winners and nominees will be recognized at the 2021 Outstanding Woman in Business Awards Dinner. Mark your calendars to join us on Thursday, November 4, 2021, at the Venue at Roberts Family Farm. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. with dinner served at 6:30 p.m. You can make reservations RESERVATIONS by clicking here or by calling (270-422-3626) $15 per ticket. Tables of 6 can be purchased for $85 and tables of 8 can be purchased for $110.