While recently attending a meeting at Fort Knox I had the pleasure of speaking to the group about the Chamber and Meade County. I created this Bucket List of the Top 10 Things to do in Meade County this summer. I hope you take a visitor this summer to some of these beautiful sights and fun events. There are so many activities in the county and certainly this list could be twice as long and not be complete!
My Bucket List for Meade County …
What I hope you will take the time out, drive over and enjoy.
1. The view of the Ohio River from Van Buren Overlook, in Otter Creek Park, breathtaking!
2. Travel to Big Springs, the point where Breckenridge, Hardin, and Meade Counties meet and grab a BBQ sandwich at Carolyn’s.
3. Take a drive out to Big Bend and see the river wind around almost behind itself and see Kentucky and Indiana across the river!
4. Visit Stull’s Market in Andyville, everyone needs to get a chance to go to a store in the middle of corn fields.
5. Take a sack lunch to the Riverfront Park and count the barges that go by in an afternoon.
6. Go say hi to Kevin and Rhonda at Roberts Family Farm and buy some BlackBerry Jam, she only makes 2,000 jars a year!
7. Pick up a dozen fresh farm eggs at Dowels Hardware store.
8. Catch the view of the Ohio River from the Buckner house remembering the civil war had been fought right out those windows.
9. Visit Buttermilk Falls Trail at Riverfront Park, and try out the new trail additions.
10. Visit the Meade County Fair this year – for 3 nights of truck and tractor pulls!